Lemon Chicken with Almonds
- Yield: servings
- 1/4cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3tablespoons Digon mustard
- 1 1/2teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 6-- chicken breast halves, skinned & boned
- 1cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- 2cups chicken broth
- 2tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2tablespoons chopp0ed fresh parasley
- 1/4teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- -- Garnish: fresh lemon slices & rosemary stems
Combine first 5 ingredients; stir well. Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Pour marinade mixture over chicken. Seal bag securely; place in a large bowl. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
Saute almonds in 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Remove almonds from skillet and setaside. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Cook chicken in remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes on each side (or until done). Remove chicken from skillet, reserving droppings in skillet. Set chicken aside & keep warm.
Combine cornstarch & chicken broth; stir well. Add cornstarch mixture & reserved marinade to droppings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Stir in marmalade, butter, parsley, & red pepper; cook over medium heat until marmalade & butter melt, stirring frequently. Return chicken to skillet & cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove chicken & sauce to a serving platter.
Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Garnish with rosemary stems.