Almond Joyous Chocolate Cookies
- Yield 30-36 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
- 3/4 cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Flaked Coconut
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine butter and sugars in a mixin bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium high
speed, until light & fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, Almond extract, mix until
well combined. Add Cocoa, Flour, Baking Soda & Salt, mix on low speed until
dry ingredients are incorporated. Add Chocolate Chips and mix for a second.
Fold in Coconut & Slivered Almonds, until evenly distributed.
(notice only one mixing bowl…less mess)
3. Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet, about 1 1/2 in. apart. Bake about
6-7 min. until cookies look set in center, cool 2 min. on baking sheet, transfer to
wire rack to cool.