Almond Java Cupcakes
- Yield: 1
- 1 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 8tablespoons unsalted Real California butter, softened
- 1cup sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1/4teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2cup Real California milk
- 1/2cup slivered almonds, toasted and crushed
- 4ounces white chocolate, finely chopped (Or use white chocolate chips)
- 1/4cup Real California Milk
- 1teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 3/4cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 6tablespoons unsalted Real California butter, softened
- pinch salt
- Slivered almonds
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour insides of 12 muffin cups or insert paper liners.
- To prepare cupcakes: Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add almond extract. On low speed, alternately add dry ingredients and milk to the batter, stirring until incorporated. Crush almonds with your hands or a rolling pin. Add to batter and stir until incorporated. Evenly divide batter between cupcake molds. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans. Cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare frosting: Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave; set aside. Heat milk until hot. Stir in instant coffee. Mix with white chocolate and stir until smooth. Let cool to room temperature. Sift powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Add butter and salt and beat until smooth. Stir in cooled white chocolate. Refrigerate until firm enough to frost cupcakes, about 30 minutes. Frost the cupcakes. Return cupcakes to the refrigerator to cool. Insert slivered almonds into frosting or sprinkle on top. Lightly drizzle chocolate syrup over almonds.