- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This recipe for almond delight seems to be a hit. Everytime I take it to a cookout or get-together they all want the recipe!
- Crumb mixture:
- 1/4cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2cup margarine, melted
- 1/2cup sliced almonds
- 1cup flaked coconut
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes instant coconut pudding mix
- 2cups cold milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir together the brown sugar, margarine, almonds, coconut, and flour until well blended. Pour into a shallow baking pan, and bake for 30 minutes, stirring several times while baking. It will resemble granola. Remove the crumb mixture from the oven to cool.
- Combine the coconut pudding mix, milk, and whipped topping, and set in the refrigerator to thicken for about 10 minutes.
- In a 9-inch square pan, sprinkle three-fourths of the crumb mixture. Cover with the thickened filling, and top with the remaining crumbs. Refrigerate until serving time.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This delicious and cool dessert can be served in a bowl or dressed up in parfait glasses with toasted coconut on top.
—Rita Pohlman, Delphos, OH