Almond Curry Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 -- egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- -- cooking oil
- Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 -- 6 ounce carton plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
Combine all ingredients for Yogurt Dipping Sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Place the flour in a shallow dish.
Combine bread crumbs, almonds, cilantro and curry powder in another shallow dish.
Beat egg and milk together, set aside.
Slice chicken lengthwise into 2 inch strips.
Dredge chicken in flour, egg mixture and almond mixture, in that order.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Carefully add chicken strips to the oil. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.
Serve with Yogurt Dipping Sauce