Almond Crusted Trout
- Yield: servings
- 4 Rainbow Trout Filtes (cleaned, deboned and head off)
- 1/2cup flour
- 1cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4cup finely ground almonds
- 1tablespoon paprika
- 1tablespoon cumin
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme (fine chop)
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- Canola oil
- Mix Panko Bread Crumbs, Ground Almonds, Spices, Herbs and Salt in a bowl.
- Roll trout fillets in flour.
- Coat floured Trout Fillets in mayonnaise and then, roll them in the herbed bread-almond mixture. Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook trout, turning once, until both sides are golden brown and fish flakes tenderly, about 5 minutes per side.