Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 3 dozens
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted creamy roasted almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugars using an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Add almond butter and mix until smooth. Add flour and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2-inches apart, on baking sheets. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until light golden.