- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/4cups almond butter*
- 3tablespoons dark rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1teaspoon almond extract
- 3 3/4 to 4cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 12ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Candies: In large bowl, combine butter, almond butter, rum, almond extract and confectioners’ sugar using electric mixer. Dough will be smooth and firm. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm; about 30 minutes.
- Coating: Melt chocolate in shallow, microwave-safe dish. Heat 30 seconds; stir; then continue in 10-second intervals, stirring after each cook time. Chocolate should be melted and smooth.
- To dip balls, insert a toothpick about 1/2 inch into the ball, dip into melted chocolate leaving a small circle of dough visible at the top, and place on parchment paper to dry until chocolate is firm. Repeat with remaining candies. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
*You may substitute peanut or cashew butter for almond butter; omit almond extract if you use a substitution.