Allergy-Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1/3cup canola oil, plus more for coating the baking sheets
- 1 1/2cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2cup raw sugar
- 1tablespoon ground flaxseed whisked with 2 T warm water
- 1-- very ripe banana, mashed
- 1cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2cup pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat two baking sheets with canola oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the canola oil and sugar and mix well. Add the flaxseed mixture, banana, and carrots and mix again.
4. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in the oats and pumpkin seeds.
5. Use a1/3-cup measure to scoop five cookies onto each baking sheet, for a total of 10. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden-brown on the edges.
6. Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, or store in an airtight
container for 3 to 4 days.
From Allergy-Friendly Food for Families from the Editors of KIWI Magazine/Andrews McMeel Publishing
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 234
- Fat 9g