Ali’s Coconut-Walnut Biscotti
- Yield: 4
- 3large eggs
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup Real California Butter, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar to blend thoroughly. Mix in butter and vanilla. Mix in baking powder, then flour to blend thoroughly. Mix in coconut and walnuts to distribute evenly.
- Lightly knead dough on floured surface just until no longer sticky. Divide into four equal portions; roll each into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place two logs each, spaced apart, on two greased baking sheets. Bake about 25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove to cutting board; slice on the diagonal a scant 1/2 inch thick.
- Return to baking sheets, placing cookies flat sides down.
- Bake about 10 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned. Invert cookies and bake about 10 minutes longer to lightly brown reverse sides.
- Remove to racks to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board