Ali’s Coconut-Walnut Biscotti
- Yield 4
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Real California Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar to blend thoroughly. Mix in butter and vanilla. Mix in baking powder, then flour to blend thoroughly. Mix in coconut and walnuts to distribute evenly.
- Lightly knead dough on floured surface just until no longer sticky. Divide into four equal portions; roll each into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place two logs each, spaced apart, on two greased baking sheets. Bake about 25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove to cutting board; slice on the diagonal a scant 1/2 inch thick.
- Return to baking sheets, placing cookies flat sides down.
- Bake about 10 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned. Invert cookies and bake about 10 minutes longer to lightly brown reverse sides.
- Remove to racks to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board