Alexander's Pecan Chicken
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3cups pecans
- 1cup fine French bread crumbs
- 1teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Chop the pecans in a food processor. Mix with the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish. Brush the chicken with some of the butter and coat with the pecan mixture, pressing to form a crust.
- Saute in the remaining butter and oil in a skillet for 1 minute on each side. Remove to a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with herbs and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Roanoke Valley, Virginia, Inc., Oh My Stars! Recipes That Shine (The Junior League of Roanoke, Valley, Virginia, Inc., 2000)