Alene Brown's Wedding Cookies
"This recipe was given to me about a year ago by a friend at church. She made them for us and I loved them. She was kind enough to share with me. Since that time she has passed away. Thinking of You, Alene. Blessings"
- 1stick butter (room temperature)
- 5tablespoons sugar
- 1tablespoon water
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2cups self rising flour
- 1cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar, add water vanilla , flour,then add pecans . Mix well with a fork..
- Use a measuring spoon to scoop and roll into balls. Place on a ungreased baking sheet . Bake @ 300 degrees for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Roll in powdered sugar. Store in a air tight container. Enjoy. Makes a small batch.