Spicy Albacore Tuna
- Yield 4 servings
Enjoy this recipe with a bite from Red Mountain Spa.
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-4 ounces albacore (or ahi) tuna steaks
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches, thawed and diced
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos, minced
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Mix garlic, white and black peppers, oregano, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- Coat large sauté pan with cooking spray. Heat until smoking.
- Lightly sprinkle tuna steaks with spice mixture on both sides.
- Sear spice-coated tuna steaks in hot pan for two minutes, turn over and sear two minutes (do not cook past medium). Transfer to plates.
- For Peach Pico de Gallo, combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Top tuna steaks with 1/4 Pico de Gallo.
Recipe courtesy of Red Mountain Spa.