Alaskan Crab Quiche
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1-- (6-ounce) king crab meat
- 1/2pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2tablespoons butter
- 4-- eggs
- 1cup sour cream
- 1cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup flour
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 4drops hot pepper sauce
- 2cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Thaw and drain crab meat.
- In medium-size skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Drain. Set aside.
- In blender, mix next eight ingredients.
- Fold in mushrooms, Jack cheese, and crab meat. Pour into 10-inch quiche dish.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes until golden brown, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).