- Yield 16 servings
A lemony-garlicky mayonnaise (aioli) is a great dipping sauce for raw vegetables.
- 3 -- pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- Coarsely ground pepper
- 2 pounds fresh raw vegetables (asparagus, carrots, broccoli)
- Place egg yolks in a blender; process until smooth. Gradually add olive oil, processing until thick and smooth. Add garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper; process. Chill and serve with vegetables. Makes 1 cup.
Recipe by Jeanette Hurt.