Aileen’s Curried Rice Salad
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry power
- 1 medium chopped purple onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red, orange or green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced banana peppers
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Combine reserved artichoke marinade, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and curry powder until blended.
- Combine chopped artichokes, purple onion, bell pepper and banana peppers in a large bowl. Add rice and stir to combine. Add marinade mixture.
- Just before serving, toss in the peas to maintain shape and bright green color. Garnish with chopped tomatoes, olives and green onions. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here