Chicken Linguine with Artichokes
- Yield servings
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to a uniform thickness. ( may use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + 2 T pound if needed
- -- 3T pound unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced fresh plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons pound finely chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 -- shallots finely minced
- The juice of one fresh lemon
- 1 pound fresh pasta, linguine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Pound chicken to a uniform thickness
Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat a large, heavy skillet to a medium high heat add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil and the butter.
Add 1 Tlb. of the finely chopped rosemary to the oil and butter mixture.
Dreg the seasoned chicken breasts in the flour and shake off any excess flour add them to the skillet. Cook until golden brown and flip them to cook the other side.
Set a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta. Cook pasta.
When the chicken is cooked through (when the juices run clear) remove them from the skillet to a platter and keep them warm.
In the same skillet add the minced shallots, garlic and reserved rosemary and cook till translucent. Add more olive oil if needed.
When the shallots and garlic are soft add the diced tomatoes, marinated artichoke a the juice of 1/2 the lemon. Cook just until heated through.
Add the fresh pasta to the skillet and mix well. You may want to add a small amount of the pasta water to this mixture to ensure all the pasta is coated with the pan sauce.
Pour the pasta mixture onto a large serving platter top with the chicken and a squeeze of the other half of the lemon and serve.