A Mess of Nachos
- Yield 6-8 servings
- 4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 package taco chips
- 2 whole avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 medium jalapeno
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced length wise
- 4 cups finely shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350, doing this first.
- Cover a sheet pan with foil, for easy clean up. Spray or oil the foil so that the nachos will not stick. Spread half the chips on the foil, single layer. Toss half the red onion, jalapeno, tomatoes and cheese; repeat.
- Bake the nachos for 15 minutes. Let sit for 5 so that the cheese can set up. Toss the fresh avocado, the chopped cilantro and the red pepper flakes over the top. Top with dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle the salt last.
- I make my own chicken often for this, but that is another recipe.