Pizza with Three Cheeses and Eggplant
- Yield: 16 pieces
- 3medium Japanese eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1-- (16-ounce) ready made pizza crust
- 1pound Italian tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4ounces crumbled Montrachet goat cheese
- 5-6-- garlic cloves, minced
- 8-- fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Arrange eggplant slices on a large baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil eggplant approximately 8 minutes until tender and brown, turning frequently.
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese on pizza crust. Place eggplant slices, tomatoes, goat cheese, garlic and basil on crust. Add remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheest to pizza.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until cheese melts and pizza edges are brown. Cut into wedges and serve on a platter.
Note: Ingredients may be prepared in advance and refrigerated in seperate containers. Assemble pizza just prior to baking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Pasadena’s California Sizzles (Junior League of Pasadena, Inc., 1992).