17-Day Diet Kale Chips
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound kale leaves, washed and dried
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Position the racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Cut out the thick, center stems from the kale leaves; tear the leaves themselves into ragged 3-inch pieces.
- Spray two large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the leaf pieces on them in a single layer. Spray the leaves lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set the trays on the two racks. Bake for 15 minutes. Use tongs to turn the leaves over; reverse the trays top to bottom. Continue baking until crisp, about 15 more minutes. Sprinkle with salt while hot.
From The 17 Day Diet Cookbook: 80 All New Recipes for Healthy Weight Loss by Dr. Mike Moreno. Copyright © 2012 by 17 Day Diet, Inc. Excerpted with permission by Free Press, a Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.