Sunshine South Florida Haroset
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Not your typical Passover chopped apple recipe, this dish uses bags of premixed sun-dried fruits, including apples, apricots, prunes and mangos.
- 1/4 cup kosher red sweet wine, such as Manischewitz concord grape
- 2 large Granny Smith or fuji apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large pear such as bosc or anjou, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruits
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- In a nonreactive container, mix wine with chopped apples and pears to prevent browning. Add remaining ingredients including dates, if using. Let sit 1 hour before serving.