Mediterranean Tomato Bruschetta
- Yield 9 servings
An easy appetizer with ripe tomatoes, black olives and crumbly feta that's perfect for holiday parties and special occasions.
Serve this dish straight from the oven for a terrific appetizer. Use the best vine-ripened tomatoes you can find.
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced California Ripe Olives
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice French bread into 18 (3/4-inch thick) slices. Brush olive oil over bread and toast under boiler until slightly crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, green onion, olives and thyme in a medium bowl. Spoon tomato mixture on top of bread. Top with cheese. Broil 3 to 4 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese is bubbly.
Recipe by Anna Victoria Reich