Lime Cilantro Chicken Tacos
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice
- 1teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2cups roughly shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2medium red onions, sliced
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk together lime juice and rind, soy sauce, cilantro, and cumin in a large bowl. Add shredded chicken; toss.
- Wrap stacked tortillas in foil, and place in oven to warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and peppers; sauté over high heat until browned, about 12 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture and bell pepper mixture down center of each tortilla.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.