Double Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Yield 2
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 16 mins
Two kinds of chips and three kinds of chocolate make for some fantastic cookies.
You can make the dough ahead of time, roll into a log and wrap it thoroughly, then freeze until needed. Thaw completely before slicing and baking.
- 10 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini-chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat until blended with a mixer at medium speed. Add egg, vanilla and melted chocolate; beat until evenly blended. Reduce speed to low; add flour, salt and beat until just incorporated. Add white and semi-sweet chips and beat until evenly distributed.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2-inches apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake 16 minutes or until tops look baked.
- Cool 3 minutes on cookie sheet on wire rack. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Jean Kressy