Are you getting the two servings of fish per week that the American Heart Association recommends? If not, try some sushi. Here’s a quick primer to get you started.
- Sushi—Technically refers to the rice.
- Sashimi—Raw fish fillet only (no rice)
- Maki—Rice and fish rolled up in seaweed wrap
- Nigiri—Fingers of rice topped with wasabi and a filet of raw or cooked fish
- Nori—Dried seaweed wrap
- Wasabi—Pungent Japanese “horseradish”; mixed with soy sauce as a dipping sauce.
- Pickled Ginger—Thin pink slices of vinegary ginger