Quick and easy doesn't have to mean quick and greasy. Here are 10 breakfast ideas that will shake up your morning routine.
There's a reason you've heard the phrase "boring as toast." It may be filling and it may be toasty, but we need more than underburnt bread to get our engines racing in the morning. Here are a few tasty one-two punches plus three of our favorite easy breakfast recipes—ideal for the work-week crush.
- Toast a slice of chewy whole-grain bread. Butter lightly, smear half an avocado on top and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Top a blueberry bagel with a gloss of lemon curd and a smear of low-fat cream cheese.
- Make a fluffernutter to go on a 100-calorie English muffin.
- Blender up with a morning milkshake. Try chocolate frozen yogurt, a tablespoon of peanut butter, half a banana, and low-fat milk.
- Build a breakfast pizza with French bread, goat cheese, pesto, tomato slices and smoked ham.
- Stuff a toasted pita with eggs or egg whites scrambled with spinach, a little cream cheese, turkey bacon, and fresh tomato slices.
- Gussy up high-fiber whole-wheat toast with cinnamon, sugar and butter; nut butter and honey or even deli meat and cheese.
Sneak the benefits of oats into a sweet coffee cake.
Invite the kids into the kitchen to make their own smoothies.
Three ingredients is all you need for an easy toast-and-run breakfast.