How to make fun and easy displays for your culinary creations.
Let's reorganize, clean out and repurpose some items in our cupboards. I seem to accumulate odd, one-of-a-kind dishes, wine glasses and tumblers throughout the year. So this year, I am going to turn them into serving stands. I never seem to have small cake or cookie stands or something special on which to display appetizers. These stands are very sweet, pretty and useful.
What You'll Need:
- Saucers or plates of any size.
- Wine glasses or tumblers that reflect the style of your saucers or plates. (Tip: if you do not have any of these in your cupboards, a quick trip to your local thrift store will open up a world of possibilities.)
- Glass glue or any strong craft glue suited for glass (available at any craft or hardware store).
- Wash, rinse and dry dishes and glassware
- Turn glassware upside down. Place saucers on top, playing around with various combinations until you have some that please you.
- Apply glue to the glass "foot" and then set the saucer or plate on top pressing gently down. Allow glue to set for 24 hours.
Use for food or centerpieces. Wash gently by hand and hand dry. No dishwasher, please. Enjoy. Reuse. Bon Appetit.