Christmas without cookies? That's like Santa without a red suit! Here's an easy how-to.
1. Make the dough ahead of time, shape into disks and freeze. Thaw on counter 2 hours.
2. Gather your favorite cookie cutters. For a great selection of cutters, go to kitchengifts.com
3. Bake the cookies, and then decorate the following day.
4. For each frosting color, use a disposable plastic pastry bag, available at the supermarket, or a heavy zip-top plastic bag with a hole cut in one corner.
5. Purchase colored sugars and sprinkles for decorating.
6. Pipe on one layer of frosting and let it dry a few minutes before adding more layers.
Pull out your favorite cookie cutters for these Christmas treats frosted with a sweet buttercream.