Fun Tailgating Tips
Move beyond paper plates and plastic utensils and dress up your tailgating table with these fun tips.
Tailgating has come a long way. While you can still find plenty of beer and brats, many tailgaters put together elaborate feasts—complete with candelabras and china. Here are some ways to gussy up your next tailgating affair:
- Drape your tailgate with an old quilt or colorful blanket
- Break out the picnic basket
- Bring real utensils; they make any event a more civilized affair
- Place bottles of pop, beer and wine in an ice bucket or any large container of ice * Opt for sturdy plastic plates and cloth napkins, instead of paper
- Think beyond brats and cole slaw
- Make your food easy to handle—serve pint-size burgers and preshelled shrimp arranged on pretty platters.
Fresh Mexican chorizo sausage jump-starts the taste of this tailgate party-perfect pasta and bean salad.
Beer for the shrimp and chili-flavored cocktail sauce amp up this version of the classic appetizer.
A spicy cross between a Buffalo wing and a burger.