If you’re like me, you are always clipping recipes and food ideas out of magazines before tossing them into the recycle bin. I recently decided to get a grip on all my recipe clippings by organizing them into notebooks. I used simple 3-ring binders and a few art and office supplies to create these pretty recipe books. I stash all kinds of recipes in these binders and one day I will pass the pages of precious clippings on to my daughters.
- 3 ring binders with paper or fabric covers
- Clear top-loading 3 ring sheet protectors in letter size
- Adhesive Metal Bookplates or Decorative sticky labels
- Rubber/foam/homemade decorative stamps – Food imagery & an Alphabet set
- Ink Stamp pads in color(s) of your choice suitable for stamping on paper
- Clear Sticky backed plastic pockets and miscellaneous paper envelopes for extra storage
- Glue stick or glue pen
- You can be creative and use whatever art or office supplies you might have on hand such as stencils, stickers, color pens or scrapbooking embellishments.
- Decorate the front of your notebook(s) adding stamped images & words. Alphabet stamp sets are found wherever art or craft supplies are sold. I recommend buying one if you do lots of home/kitchen craft projects. I have various sets in various styles of type in sized from very small to large.
- Add sticky backed metal bookplate to the end of the binder with a stamped or hand-written label to identify the subject. I made two notebooks. One for Entrees & one for Desserts & Drinks. I am sure my collection will expand!
- Glue various paper envelopes to the back or front of the notebook on the inside of the covers to hold small clippings or recipes. Attach sticky backed plastic pockets to the inside of the cover as well for extra storage.
- Fill notebook with as many sheet protectors as it will easily hold and you are ready to get organized! Start filling sheets with all those piles of recipes you have been saving.