You may not have visited Door County, Wisconsin, but if you've eaten an American-grown cherry recently, there's a good chance it came from there. The farmers there produce roughly 12 million pounds of cherries a year and Wisconsin ranks fourth in the nation's cherry-producing states, all of which are grown in Door County. If you can't make it there in person, try ordering straight from the source.
Door County Cherry Sources
Check out these mail-order sources for everything from wine to preserves to dried and fresh cherries by the pound or crate.
- Orchard Country Winery and Market: orchardcountry.com
- Seaquist Orchards Farm Market: seaquistorchards.com
- Wienke’s Market: atasteofdoorcounty.com
- Wood Orchard Market: woodorchard.com
- Country Ovens: countryovens.com