Breakfast for Dinner
From a poached egg over pasta to a hearty egg quiche, these five easy ideas make breakfast for dinner doable and delicious.
Eggs have been consumed and adored since the beginning of humankind. Harvesting all sorts of eggs—whether they were from ostriches or ducks—was an easy way for people to obtain days worth of protein rich food without having to hunt.
So when did this cherished dietary staple decide to stay chained to breakfast? Hard to say. But breakfast for dinner can’t get to the table fast enough as far as we’re concerned. Here’s five simple dishes you can make in just a jiffy, plus a few of our most “eggstravagant” recipes.
- Top a green dinner salad with a poached egg for a warm and surprising twist that’s so good you’ll need little if any dressing. Try the same trick with fried rice.
- Cook up a filling dinner quiche that is heavy on meat, vegetables or other hearty ingredients. Add a salad and a glass of Chardonnay and you’ve got dinner!
- Nestle a poached egg in with some pasta, wilted greens, crumbled bacon and add splash of lemon juice for a simple but pleasing meal.
- Add a fried egg to a gourmet sandwich of turkey, tomato, greens, bacon and cheddar cheese then let the yoke run down the center when sliced. Check out the Adam Sandler flick Spanglish for a mouthwatering inspiration.
- For a light dinner, whip up a couple of scrambled eggs with cream, Havarti cheese and chives. Serve with a toasted ciabatta roll or baguette.
—By Emily Arno
A stunning brunch recipe featuring Sicilian Castelvetrano olives and buttery toasted breadcrumbs a top creamy baked eggs.
Sweet shrimp and crab and a creamy custard in a deep-dish pie.
This diner classic gets a makeover with salsa verde and Fontina cheese.