Here are a handful of snack ideas to quell your appetite without spoiling your diet.
There are few things more frustrating than getting the tummy grumbles at 4 o’clock in the afternoon. It’s too early for dinner and too late for lunch but your body knows no civilized custom—you’re hungry. At times like these it may be tempting to dive head first into a bag of fudgy cookies, but take a step back and give your body one of these following low-cal grab-and-go snacks instead, or try our Cream of Zucchini Soup recipe. It's only 90 calories a serving!
- 1 Small Baked Sweet Potato: 55 cal
- 1 Cup of Strawberries with Cool Whip: 58 cal
- 3 Cups of Microwave Light Popcorn: 60 cal
- 30 Goldfish crackers 70 cal
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg: 81 cal
- 15 Teddy Graham Crackers: 82 cal
- ¼ Cup of Mixed Dried Fruit: 85 cal
- 1 Cup of Cheerios: 88 cal
- 10 Kalamata Olives: 90 cal
- ½ Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese: 90
- ½ English muffin, with 1 tsp. Peanut butter: 95 cal
- 30 Pistachios: 100 cal
- 1 Large Apple: 100 cal
- ½ Cup of Oatmeal: 100 cal
- 45 Steamed Edamame: 100 cal
Note: Calorie values are approximations and may vary with brand choice.
—By Emily Arno
Lots of Parmigiano Reggiano makes this thick soup a cheesy delight.