Submitting Advertising Material
Digital AD File: Material should be submitted through PGA’s “Ad Grinder” web application located at this link:
The username is: pgaupload
The password is: advertiser
Preferred Format : PDF/X-1a Files
Content & Contract Proofs: One content proof and one DDCP (direct digital color proof) are required. Kodak Approval or Epson color calibrated proofs of the generated file are preferred. Proofs furnished for other printing processes may not accurately reflect the printed piece. In the event that the only proof supplied by the advertiser is a low resolution color printout, PGA will take reasonable measures to insure color accuracy of the ad, but cannot guarantee its acceptance or reproduction.
PGA Titles are press delivered (non-bleed). Trim size is 8.625 x 9.5 inches. The full “live area” is 8.375 x 9.25 inches. There is a .125-inch non-print area outside of the live area. PGA reserves the right to adjust an advertiser’s material by as much as 5% either vertically, horizontally or proportionately.
AD UNIT DIMENSIONS (Live Area)
|Full||8.375 x 9.25|
|Strip H||8.375 x 1.625|
|Reverse Queen||2.375 x 9.25|
|3/5 V||5.025 x 9.25|
|3/5 H||8.375 x 5.5|
|2/5 V||3.35 x 9.25|
|2/5 H||8.375 x 3.75|
|Digest||4.75 x 6.625|
|Magazine||6 x 9.25|
|1/2 V||4.1875 x 9.25|
|1/2 H||8.375 x 4.625|
|1/4||4.1875 x 4.625|
|FC Strip||6.25 x .875|
|Tidbits Strip||5.75 x .875|
|1/3 Horizontal Spread||17 x 3.062|
|1/3 Horizontal||8.375 x 3.062|
|1/2 Horizontal Spread||17 x 4.625|
|Full Spread||17 x 9.25|
|Dutch Door||8.375 x 4.5|
SPECIALTY AD UNIT OPTIONS
Dutch Door, Cover Wrap, Pop-Up or BRC (Business Reply Card)
Please contact Production for details: 615-468-6066 615-468-6056
Ad Construction Guidelines
- Build Ads to the live area size.
- Use stylized fonts and do not apply style attributes to basic fonts.
- Place elements at 100% size. Avoid rotation and cropping of images in layout program.
- Supply as single pages and not spreads.
- Partial page ads should be built to 100% of their actual live area size. Bleed is not available.
- Ad material will not be returned.
- All elements should be defined as CMYK, never RGB.
- UCR should be set at 280.
- All screen and printer fonts that are necessary for Ripping the file must be included. It is best to have the fonts already converted to outline or rendered into raster graphics by the ad provided. Be aware that some placed or embedded elements may also need fonts.
- Type should NEVER be less than 6-point boldface.
- Process color for small type should NOT be used.
- Fine and/or serif type should be used at a minimum and held to one color to avoid registration problems.
- For reverse type, the dominant color should be used for shape with subordinate colors spread slightly to avoid registration problems. Reverse type or 100% black type is recommended.(*If these guidelines are not followed, PGA cannot guarantee the quality of type reproduction.)
Native File Requirements
- Note: Submission of native application files such as InDesign or Quark are strongly discouraged but we realize that it may be unavoidable in certain situations. Therefore the following information should be clearly understood and followed. All native application files will be treated by PGA as individual unstripped pages which means that they will be pre-flighted, ripped and proofed. In the event the Advertiser does not supply an approved digital color proof of the ad as described above, PGA will take all reasonable measure to insure color accuracy of the ad, but will in no way guarantee its acceptance or reproduction.
- Native File Formats Accepted: QuarkXPress 8.0 (or earlier), PhotoShop CS4 (or earlier), Illustrator CS4 (or earlier), and Indesign CS4 (or earlier). *Macintosh Versions Strongly recommended.
- Native file Packaging: Compress all files before transmitting with common compression methods. (ZIP, Stuffit, Rar, etc.)
- Native File Package Contents: When submitting native files include all fonts, images, scans, logos/artwork. Do not nest EPS in other EPS files. Pantone colors must be in CMYK mode. All Images/scans must be in CMYK mode. Font information should include manufacturer, font name and version. Supply Quark “Collect for Output” or similar reports. When sending PDFs other than PDF/X-1a it is recommended you also send the native files.
IN ORDER TO ASSURE ACCURATE INSERTION, MATERIAL MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH THE ISSUE DATE AND PUBLICATION NAME
Please send physical proofs to:
Publishing Group of America
Attn: Production Dept.
341 Cool Springs Blvd. Suite 400
Franklin, TN 37067
AD MATERIAL POLICY: Relish assumes no responsibility for unsatisfactory reproductions as a result of ad material that does not abide by the previously outlined material specifications.